Helps strengthen immune response. Support GI Tract Health. Supports recovery & muscle growth. Fight back with Colostrum Plus! Nature gave you a strong immune defense network, but that system gets depleted as you age. Normal physical and mental stress can also wear down your defenses. Colostrum is the only supplement you can take to add back antibodies and action support in the bloodstream and also in the GI tract. It helps maintain a robust intestinal lining and promote healthy intestinal flora. Colostrum Plus supports muscle growth. Colostrum provides over 100 beneficial components including several growth factors and cytokine precursors that you can't get from any other supplement to enhance stamina and support normal re-growth of lean muscle and tissue. Clinical studies show wide ranging health benefits for Colostrum including a significant increase in lean body mass and increases in anaerobic power, performance time, and sprint performance when compared to whey. Clinical studies also demonstrate the superiority of the ingredient in Symbiotics Colostrum Plus over other Colostrum sources. Symbiotics guarantees per serving minimums of 1.5% Lactoferrin (14 mg), 25% Immunoglobulins (240 mg IG), and 3% Proline-Rich Polypeptides (29 mg PRP), Colostrum's most important component. Our unique Bio-lipid coating insures bioavailability. Without this protective layer, other Colostrums can be destroyed by stomach acids and offer limited benefit. We use only the first 2 milkings to guarantee potency and quality. Quality and Purity Guaranteed – We guarantee that this product meets the highest standards of quality, purity and freshness. Each bottle is safety sealed with an outer neckband. Do not use if neckband is broken or missing.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Disclaimer: The following content is provided by Aisle7 and is for informational purposes only. It is based on scientific studies, clinical experience, or usage as cited in each article. Hi-Health provides this information as a service but does not endorse it. In addition, Aisle7 does not recommend or endorse any specific products.
Our proprietary “Star-Rating” system was developed to help you easily understand the amount of scientific support behind each supplement in relation to a specific health condition. While there is no way to predict whether a vitamin, mineral, or herb will successfully treat or prevent associated health conditions, our unique ratings tell you how well these supplements are understood by the medical community, and whether studies have found them to be effective for other people.
For over a decade, our team has combed through thousands of research articles published in reputable journals. To help you make educated decisions, and to better understand controversial or confusing supplements, our medical experts have digested the science into these three easy-to-follow ratings. We hope this provides you with a helpful resource to make informed decisions towards your health and well-being.
Colostrum might be useful for certain types of infectious diarrhea. In a double-blind trial, children with diarrhea caused by a rotavirus were treated with immunoglobulins extracted from colostrum derived from cows immunized with rotavirus. Compared with the placebo, colostrum extract significantly reduced the amount of diarrhea and the amount of oral rehydration solution required. The rotavirus was eliminated from the stool significantly more rapidly in the colostrum group than in the placebo group (1.5 days, vs. 2.9 days).1
In addition to a positive effect against acute rotavirus diarrhea,2 there is also evidence that specific forms of colostrum (derived from specially immunized cows or those with confirmed presence of specific antibodies) are effective against diarrhea caused by Cryptosporidium parvum,Helicobacter pylori,Escherichia coli, and Clostridium difficile.3, 4, 5, 6, 7 However, it is not known whether commercially-available colostrum provides significant amounts of the specific immunoglobulins that are active against these organisms. Furthermore, unless the immunoglobulins are present in high enough concentrations, the preparation is not likely to be effective.8
1. Sarker SA, Casswall TH, Mahalanabis D, et al. Successful treatment of rotavirus diarrhea in children with immunoglobulin from immunized bovine colostrum. Pediatr Infect Dis J 1998;17:1149-54.
2. Mitra AK, Mahalanabis D, Ashraf H, et al. Hyperimmune cow colostrum reduces diarrhoea due to rotavirus: a double- blind, controlled clinical trial. Acta Paediatr 1995;84:996-1001.
3. Okhuysen PC, Chappell CL, Crabb J, et al. Prophylactic effect of bovine anti-Cryptosporidium hyperimmune colostrum immunoglobulin in healthy volunteers challenged with Cryptosporidium parvum. Clin Infect Dis 1998;26:1324-9.
4. Greenberg PD, Cello JP. Treatment of severe diarrhea caused by Cryptosporidium parvum with oral bovine immunoglobulin concentrate in patients with AIDS. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr Hum Retrovirol 1996;13:348-54.
5. Casswall TH, Sarker SA, Albert MJ, et al. Treatment of Helicobacter pylori infection in infants in rural Bangladesh with oral immunoglobulins from hyperimmune bovine colostrum. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 1998;12:563-8.
6. Huppertz HI, Rutkowski S, Busch DH, et al. Bovine colostrum ameliorates diarrhea in infection with diarrheagenic Escherichia coli, shiga toxin-producing E. Coli, and E. coli expressing intimin and hemolysin. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 1999;29:452-6.
7. Warny M, Fatimi A, Bostwick EF, et al. Bovine immunoglobulin concentrate-clostridium difficile retains C difficile toxin neutralising activity after passage through the human stomach and small intestine. Gut 1999;44:212-7.
8. Brines RD, Brock JH. The effect of trypsin and chymotrypsin on the in vitro antimicrobial and iron-binding properties of lactoferrin in human milk and bovine colostrum. Unusual resistance of human apolactoferrin to proteolytic digestion. Biochim Biophys Acta 1983;759:229-35.
Bovine colostrum is the pre-milk liquid produced from the mammary glands of cows during the first 24 to 48 hours after giving birth.
Copyright © 2018 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented by Healthnotes is for informational purposes only. It is based on scientific studies (human, animal, or in vitro), clinical experience, or traditional usage as cited in each article. The results reported may not necessarily occur in all individuals. Self-treatment is not recommended for life-threatening conditions that require medical treatment under a doctor's care. For many of the conditions discussed, treatment with prescription or over the counter medication is also available. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2018.
| Supplement Facts |
Serving Size: 2 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 60
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Colostrum Plus||960 mg||**|
**Daily Value (DV) not established.
Ingredients: Gelatin Capsules
Suitable for lactose-free diets. Contains milk. Close tightly and store in a dry place at room temperature.