We want you to be comfortable in your own skin, so our Nutrition Science skincare products use healthy ingredients for naturally beautiful results. Our skin care solutions are made without harmful chemicals, synthetics or fillers that can be absorbed by the body. Instead, we use soothing botanicals that feed your skin with rich vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Nourish, hydrate and transform your skin naturally with Nutrition Science—it’s a better way to brighten your complexion.
Nutrition Science Organic Citrus Lip Balm contains only natural ingredients: Organic Beeswax, Organic Coconut Oil, Organic Sunflower Oil, Vitamin E, Organic Rosemary Extract, Organic Calendula Extract and Organic Essential Citrus Oils—and nothing else! You won't find chemicals, petroleum or petroleum derivatives. You also won't find any junk, cheap fillers, corn or soy.
Use Nutrition Science Organic Lip Balm on dry, chapped lips or as a primer or base coat for lipstick. Great for moisturizing lips and protecting them in various climates, be it dry, sunny or snow.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Disclaimer: The following content is provided by Aisle7 and is for informational purposes only. It is based on scientific studies, clinical experience, or usage as cited in each article. Hi-Health provides this information as a service but does not endorse it. In addition, Aisle7 does not recommend or endorse any specific products.
Our proprietary “Star-Rating” system was developed to help you easily understand the amount of scientific support behind each supplement in relation to a specific health condition. While there is no way to predict whether a vitamin, mineral, or herb will successfully treat or prevent associated health conditions, our unique ratings tell you how well these supplements are understood by the medical community, and whether studies have found them to be effective for other people.
For over a decade, our team has combed through thousands of research articles published in reputable journals. To help you make educated decisions, and to better understand controversial or confusing supplements, our medical experts have digested the science into these three easy-to-follow ratings. We hope this provides you with a helpful resource to make informed decisions towards your health and well-being.
The effects of New Zealand green-lipped mussel supplements have been studied in people with osteoarthritis. In a preliminary trial, either a lipid extract (210 mg per day) or a freeze-dried powder (1,150 mg per day) of green-lipped mussel reduced joint tenderness and morning stiffness, as well as improving overall function in most participants.1 In a double-blind trial, 45% of people with osteoarthritis who took a green-lipped mussel extract (350 mg three times per day for three months) reportedly had improvements in pain and stiffness.2 Another double-blind trial reported excellent results from green-lipped mussel extract (2,100 mg per day for six months) for pain associated with arthritis of the knee.3 Side effects, such as stomach upset, gout, skin rashes, and one case of hepatitis have been reported in people taking certain New Zealand green-lipped mussel extracts.4
1. Gibson SLM, Gibson RG. The treatment of arthritis with a lipid extract of Perna canaliculus: a randomized trial. Comp Ther Med 1998;6:122-6.
2. Gibson RG, Gibson SL, Conway V, et al. Perna canaliculus in the treatment of arthritis. Practitioner 1980;224L:955-9.
3. Audeval B, Bouchacourt P. Double-blind, placebo-controlled study of the mussel perna canaliculus (New Zealand green-lipped mussel) in gonarthrosis (arthritis of the knee). Gazette Med 1986;93:111-5.
4. Brooks PM. Side effects from Seatone. Med J Aust 1980;2:158 [letter].
Supplementation with New Zealand green-lipped mussel (Perna canaliculus) significantly improved RA symptoms in 68% of participants in a double-blind trial.1 Other studies have been carried out, some of which have confirmed these findings, while others have not.2, 3, 4, 5, 6 In a recent double-blind trial, use of green-lipped mussel as a lipid extract (210 mg per day) or a freeze-dried powder (1,150 mg per day) for three months led to a decrease in joint tenderness and morning stiffness, and to better overall function.7 However, members of the Australian Rheumatism Association have reported side effects, such as stomach upset, gout, and skin rashes, occurring in people taking certain New Zealand green-lipped mussel extracts. One case of hepatitis has been reported in association with the use of a New Zealand green-lipped mussel extract.8
1. Gibson RG, Gibson SLM, Conway V, Chappell D. Perna canaliculus in the treatment of arthritis. Practitioner 1980;224:955-660.
2. Audeval B, Bouchacourt P. Etude controle en double aveugle contra placebo de l'extrait de moule Perna canaliculus dans las gonarthrose. Gazette Medicale 1986;38:111-6.
3. Huskisson EC, Scott J, Bryans R. Seatone is ineffective in rheumatoid arthritis. BMJ 1981;282:1358-9.
4. Caughey DE, Grigor RR, Caughey EB, et al. Perna canaliculus in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. Eur J Rheumatol Inflamm 1983;6:197-200.
5. Larkin JG, Capell HA, Sturrock RD. Seatone in rheumatoid arthritis: a six-month placebo controlled study. Ann Rheum Dis 1985;44:199-201.
6. Highton TC, McArthur AW. Pilot study on the effect of New Zealand green mussel on rheumatoid arthritis. N Z Med J 1975;81:261-2.
7. Gibson SLM, Gibson RG. The treatment of arthritis with a lipid extract of Perna canaliculus: a randomized trial. Comp Ther Med 1998;6:122-6.
8. Brooks PM. Side effects from Seatone. Med J Aust 1980;2:158 [letter].
In a double-blind study of people with asthma, supplementation with a proprietary extract of New Zealand green-lipped mussel (Lyprinol) twice a day for 8 weeks significantly decreased daytime wheezing and improved airflow through the bronchi.1 Each capsule of Lyprinol contains 50 mg of omega-3 fatty acids.
Copyright © 2018 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented by Healthnotes is for informational purposes only. It is based on scientific studies (human, animal, or in vitro), clinical experience, or traditional usage as cited in each article. The results reported may not necessarily occur in all individuals. Self-treatment is not recommended for life-threatening conditions that require medical treatment under a doctor's care. For many of the conditions discussed, treatment with prescription or over the counter medication is also available. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2018.
Organic Sunflower Oil, Organic Beeswax, Organic Coconut Oil, Organic Essential Oils of Orange, Lemon and Lime, Vitamin E, Organic Rosemary Extract, Organic Calendula Extract.
For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. Keep out of reach of children.
Certified Organic by Oregon Tilth. www.tilth.org