or Buy 2 for $18.74 ea.
Special Price $22.49($0.75 / serving)
Nature’s Optimal Nutrition Energize is an exclusive heart healthy, energizing liquid multi containing select organic and Non-GMO ingredients not found in any other multivitamin. Every ounce of this robust, yummy peach mango flavored, maximum potency liquid multi contains over 20,000 Total ORAC (antioxidant rating) per serving and is jam-packed with:
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Disclaimer: The following content is provided by Aisle7 and is for informational purposes only. It is based on scientific studies, clinical experience, or usage as cited in each article. Hi-Health provides this information as a service but does not endorse it. In addition, Aisle7 does not recommend or endorse any specific products.
Our proprietary “Star-Rating” system was developed to help you easily understand the amount of scientific support behind each supplement in relation to a specific health condition. While there is no way to predict whether a vitamin, mineral, or herb will successfully treat or prevent associated health conditions, our unique ratings tell you how well these supplements are understood by the medical community, and whether studies have found them to be effective for other people.
For over a decade, our team has combed through thousands of research articles published in reputable journals. To help you make educated decisions, and to better understand controversial or confusing supplements, our medical experts have digested the science into these three easy-to-follow ratings. We hope this provides you with a helpful resource to make informed decisions towards your health and well-being.
Medical reports dating back to 1853, as well as modern research, indicate that chromium-rich brewer’s yeast (9 grams per day) can be useful in treating type 2 diabetes.1, 2 In recent years, chromium has been shown to improve glucose levels and related variables in people with glucose intolerance and type 2, gestational, and steroid-induced diabetes.3, 4 Improved glucose tolerance with lower or similar levels of insulin have been reported in more than ten trials of chromium supplementation in people with varying degrees of glucose intolerance.5 Chromium supplements improve glucose tolerance in people with type 2 diabetes,6 apparently by increasing sensitivity to insulin.7 Chromium improves the processing of glucose in people with prediabetic glucose intolerance and in women with diabetes associated with pregnancy.8, 9 Chromium even helps healthy people,10 although one such report found chromium useful only when accompanied by 100 mg of niacin per day.11 Chromium may also lower levels of total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, and triglycerides (risk factors in heart disease).12, 13
A few trials have reported no beneficial effects from chromium supplementation.14, 15, 16 All of these trials used 200 mcg or less of supplemental chromium, which is often not adequate for people with diabetes, especially if it is in a form that is poorly absorbed. The typical amount of chromium used in research trials is 200 mcg per day, although as much as 1,000 mcg per day has been used.17 Many doctors recommend up to 1,000 mcg per day for people with diabetes.18
Supplementation with chromium or brewer’s yeast could potentially enhance the effects of drugs used for diabetes (e.g., insulin or other blood sugar-lowering agents) and possibly lead to hypoglycemia. Therefore, people with diabetes taking these medications should supplement with chromium or brewer’s yeast only under the supervision of a doctor.
1. Herepath WB. Journal Provincial Med Surg Soc 1854:374.
2. Offenbacher EG, Pi-Sunyer FX. Beneficial effect of chromium-rich yeast on glucose tolerance and blood lipids in elderly subjects. Diabetes 1980;29:919-25.
3. Anderson RA. Chromium in the prevention and control of diabetes. Diabetes Metab 2000;26:22-7 [review].
4. Martin J, Wang ZQ, Zhang XH, et al. Chromium picolinate supplementation attenuates body weight gain and increases insulin sensitivity in subjects with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Care 2006;29:1826-32.
5. Anderson RA. Chromium, glucose intolerance and diabetes. J Am Coll Nutr 1998;17:548-55 [review].
6. Evans GW. The effect of chromium picolinate on insulin controlled parameters in humans. Int J Biosocial Med Res 1989;11:163-80.
7. Gaby AR, Wright JV. Diabetes. In Nutritional Therapy in Medical Practice: Reference Manual and Study Guide. Kent, WA: 1996, 54-64 [review].
8. Anderson RA, Polansky MM, Bryden NA, Canary JJ. Supplemental-chromium effects on glucose, insulin, glucagon, and urinary chromium losses in subjects consuming controlled low-chromium diets. Am J Clin Nutr 1991;54:909-16.
9. Jovanovic L, Gutierrez M, Peterson CM. Chromium supplementation for women with gestational diabetes. J Trace Elem Exp Med 1999;12:91-8.
10. Anderson RA, Polansky MM, Bryden NA, et al. Chromium supplementation of human subjects: effects on glucose, insulin, and lipid variables. Metabolism 1983;32:894-9.
11. Urberg M, Zemel MB. Evidence for synergism between chromium and nicotinic acid in the control of glucose tolerance in elderly humans. Metabolism 1987;36:896-9.
12. Lee NA, Reasner CA. Beneficial effect of chromium supplementation on serum triglyceride levels in NIDDM. Diabetes Care 1994;17:1449-52.
13. Hermann J, Chung H, Arquitt A, et al. Effects of chromium or copper supplementation on plasma lipids, plasma glucose and serum insulin in adults over age fifty. J Nutr Elderly 1998;18:27-45.
14. Sherman L, Glennon JA, Brech WJ, et al. Failure of trivalent chromium to improve hyperglycemia in diabetes mellitus. Metabolism 1968;17:439-42.
15. Rabinowitz MB, Gonick HC, Levin SR, Davidson MB. Effects of chromium and yeast supplements on carbohydrate and lipid metabolism in diabetic men. Diabetes Care 1983;6:319-27.
16. Uusitupa MI, Kumpulainen JT, Voutilainen E, et al. Effect of inorganic chromium supplementation on glucose tolerance, insulin response, and serum lipids in noninsulin-dependent diabetics. Am J Clin Nutr 1983;38:404-10.
17. Anderson RA, Cheng N, Bryden NA, Polansky MM, Cheng N, Chi J, et al. Elevated intakes of supplemental chromium improve glucose and insulin variables in individuals with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes1997;46:1786-91.
18. Gaby AR, Wright JV. Nutritional protocols: diabetes mellitus. In Nutritional Therapy in Medical Practice: Protocols and Supporting Information. Kent, WA: 1996, 10.
1. Schellenberg D, Bonington A, Champion CM, et al. Treatment of Clostridium difficile diarrhoea with brewer's yeast. Lancet 1994;343:171-2.
2. Izadnia F, Wong CT, Kocoshis SA. Brewer's yeast and Saccharomyces boulardii both attenuate Clostridium difficile-induced colonic secretion in the rat. Dig Dis Sci 1998;43:2055-60.
Brewer’s yeast is the dried, pulverized cells of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, a type of fungus, and is a rich source of B-complex vitamins, protein (providing all essential amino acids), and minerals, including a biologically active form of chromium known as glucose tolerance factor (GTF). Brewer’s yeast is usually a by-product of the brewing industry and should not be confused with nutritional yeast or torula yeast, which are low in chromium.
Copyright © 2018 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented by Healthnotes is for informational purposes only. It is based on scientific studies (human, animal, or in vitro), clinical experience, or traditional usage as cited in each article. The results reported may not necessarily occur in all individuals. Self-treatment is not recommended for life-threatening conditions that require medical treatment under a doctor's care. For many of the conditions discussed, treatment with prescription or over the counter medication is also available. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2018.
|Serving Size: 2 Tablespoons (1 fl oz / 30 mL)
Servings Per Container: 30
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value (DV)|
|High-Potency Whole Body Vitamin Complex|
|Vitamin A (50% beta carotene; 50% retinyl palmitate)||5,000||IU||100%*|
|Vitamin C (PureWay-C® ascorbic acid)||120||mg||200%*|
|Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)||2,000||IU||500%*|
|Vitamin E (d-tocopherol acetate)||30||IU||100%*|
|Vitamin K1 (as phytonadione)||35||mcg||43%*|
|Vitamin K2 (MenaQ7® menaquinone-7)||45||mcg||57%*|
|Maximum-Potency Methylating B-Vitamin Complex|
|Vitamin B1 (thiamine HCl)||30||mg||833%*|
|Vitamin B2 (riboflavin-5-phosphate; riboflavin USP)||25||mg||1,470%*|
|Vitamin B3 (niacinamide)||50||mg||250%*|
|Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid)||100||mg||1,000%*|
|Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine HCl; pyridoxal-5-phosphate)||40||mg||2,500%*|
|Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin; methylcobalamin)||500||mcg||8,333%*|
|Essential Macro and Micro Minerals|
|Calcium (lithothamnion; citrate)||25||mg||3%*|
|Magnesium (citrate; lithothamnion)||40||mg||10%*|
|Selenium (amino acid chelate)||70||mcg||100%*|
|Nature’s Optimal Nutrition® Energize Proprietary Blend||2,022||mg||**|
|Energizing Nitric Oxide (NO) Boosting Cardio Complex|
|Taurine, Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate (2:1), L-Citrulline and Trans-Resveratrol Extract [Polygonum cuspidatum (root) standardized to 98% purity]|
|Anti-Fatigue Mood Boosting Complex|
|Ashwagandha Extract (root and leaf), Bee Pollen and Wheat Grass (gluten-free)|
|Lipotropic Factor Energy Complex|
|Choline (chloride), Betaine (anhydrous) and Inositol|
|Activated Anti-Aging Bioflavonoid Complex|
|Quercetin, Hesperetin, Lutein and Acerola Cherry|
|Superfruit Vitality Complex|
|Açai Berry Extract (4:1), Goji Berry Extract, Mangosteen Extract (10:1), Noni Berry Extract, Açai Berry [Euterpe oleracea], Bilberry [Vaccinium myrtillus], Cranberry [Vaccinium macrocarpon], Mulberry [Morus spp] and Strawberry [Fragaria spp]|
|Complete Antioxidant Protection Complex|
|Organic Carbon-Bonded Fulvic and Trace Minerals|
|Antimony, Barium, Beryllium, Bismuth, Boron, Calcium, Carbon, Cerium, Cesium, Chloride, Chromium, Cobalt, Copper, Dysprosium, Erbium, Europium, Fluoride, Gadolinium, Gallium, Gold, Hafnium, Holmium, Indium, Iodine, Iridium, Iron, Lanthanum, Lithium, Lutetium, Magnesium, Manganese, Molybdenum, Neodymium, Nickel, Niobium, Osmium, Palladium, Phosphorus, Platinum, Potassium, Praseodymium, Rhenium, Rhodium, Rubidium, Ruthenium, Samarium, Scandium, Selenium, Silicon, Silver, Sodium, Strontium, Sulfur, Tantalum, Tellurium, Terbium, Thallium, Thorium, Thulium, Tin, Titanium, Tungsten, Vanadium, Ytterbium, Yttrium, Zinc and Zirconium (from lithothamnion and purified shilajit)|
|* Daily Value (DV) based on 2,000 calorie per day diet ** % Daily Value (DV) not established.|
Other Ingredients: Triple filtered water, erythritol, natural flavors, malic acid, citric acid, stevia leaf extract, xanthan gum, potassium sorbate, potassium benzoate (to preserve freshness), rosemary extract, maltodextrin, corn starch and lecithin (sunflower).
Contains: Vitamin K.
Contains NO: Gluten, soy, sugar, yeast, nuts, dairy, egg, fish, shellfish, sodium benzoate, or artificial colors, flavors, or sweeteners.
Production: Nature's Optimal Nutrition was formulated and is manufactured in the United States under GMPs outlined by the US Food and Drug Administration.
CAUTION: Keep out of the reach of children. Pregnant or nursing mothers and those on medication should consult with their health professional before using any supplement. Do not take more than one servings daily. Not intended as a sole source of nutrition. As with any supplement, if adverse effects are experienced, discontinue use immediately and contact a health care professional.
As a Dietary Supplement: Shake well. Take 2 Tablespoons (30 mL / 1 fl oz) daily, preferably with food, or any time after breakfast for energy. Tastes great alone, or mixed water or your favorite beverage.
For a Better Workout: Take 2 Tablespoons (30 mL / 1 fl oz) with 8-12 ounces of water, at any time after eating, ideally 30 minutes before the activity. Mix with water or your favorite beverage.
For Recovery and Repair: Take 2 Tablespoons (30 mL / 1 fl oz) daily. Maximize your results by taking Nature's Optimal Nutrition Energize with AminoSculpt liquid collagen protein.
Storage: Store in a cool dry place. For optimal freshness refrigerate after opening and finish within three months.
CAUTION: Keep out of the reach of children. Pregnant or nursing mothers and those on medication should consult with their health professional before using any supplement. Do not take more than one serving daily. Not intended as a sole source of nutrition. As with any supplement, if adverse effects are experienced, discontinue use immediately and contact a health care professional.