Vintage items make me swoon. I go nuts, in particular, for anything crafty involving a Mason jar. Perhaps it’s the fact that I’m an alumna of Ball State University – a University whose roots began as part of a gracious donation provided by the Ball Brothers (manufacturers of the Ball Jar). Or perhaps, it’s because Pinterest is overflowing with endless jar projects that have me stocking up on canning supplies. I’m going to bet both. It doesn’t really matter why I love mason jars, I just do. So this week, I traded in my traditional blender for a mason jar to create a quick and easy smoothie. If you’re only looking for a single serving of a smoothie and don’t want to bust out a big blender to make one, this is for you!
HOW TO USE A MASON JAR AS A BLENDER
- Unscrew the bottom of your glass blender to remove the base, the blade and the rubber ring.
- Fill a mason jar with your smoothie ingredients (great recipe below).
- Place the rubber ring on top of the Mason jar.
- Place the blade upside down carefully on top of the ring.
- Put the black plastic base on top of the blade and twist it into place until it latches to the Mason jar.
- Flip your jar over and reattach it to the blender equipment. Blend away!
I’ve been on the hunt for a vegan protein powder with a smooth and delicious taste and thanks to a coworker, I finally found it! Try Olympian Labs Lean & Healthy Vanilla Bean Protein, it won’t disappoint!
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 4 ounces orange juice
- 4 ounces water
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4 cup of blueberries
- 4-5 ice cubes
- Blend ingredients together until desired consistency.
- My favorite protein powder to use in this smoothie is Olympian Labs Lean & Healthy Vanilla Bean Protein.